Thursday, November 5, 2009

A sister is a piece of your childhood that will always be with you...

As a mother, it's easy to look at your children as your success or failure.

They sometimes define what you've accomplished, or the lack thereof.

Usually it's a good time, but sometimes, undesirable behavior is hard to separate from personal failure. And you wonder, am I doing this right?

But then...

You have these days where it's just so sweet that you can't BELIEVE these are your kids. It is so wonderful that it is overwhelming. In October, I had lots of these moments. I've already posted a few. Halloween, the pumpkin patch, our amazing family photos...

But the moments are plentiful - here are a few more examples of the biggest blessings I've ever known...

I created two people who love each other this much, with God's help, I gave them to each other, this wonderful life long friend of a magnitude I will never know. And soon I will give them another sibling to love and to share their lives with, forever.

So sometimes I think...I must be doing something right....and I remember why I am doing it again...


No comments:

Post a Comment