Monday, January 12, 2015

Bryson and Buckeyes

The Buckeyes will meet the Ducks today in the college football National Championship.  Our whole family was all dressed in Buckeye gear this morning, planning to brave being the only ones at our offices and in our classrooms here in Portland, Oregon and our little suburb supporting Ohio instead of Oregon.    

Our Nanny roots for Oregon, and so for a while Bryson has been jabbing dad saying he likes the Ducks not the Bucks.  Like for a couple of years, when they aren't even facing off.  A Buckeye game is on, and Bryson is yelling GO DUCKS.  His dad LOVES this, as you can imagine.

So here we are, today.  It's finally happening.

Bryson went to school in his grey Ohio State T-shirt over a Red long sleeved and he didn't even argue.

In the car on the way to preschool, I asked him what he was going to do today when people ask him about Ohio State.  "Are you going to tell them your dad is a Buckeye?"

He said:
I'm gonna say, my dad roots Buckeye.  So do my two sisters.  I root Ducks.  My mom roots Griz.  (Lowered voice and dead serious face).  My dad make me wear this shirt.

I said:
Well you know, honey, I root for the Buckeyes too.  And Dad roots for the Griz.

He said:
We go to Buckeyes for Dad and Griz for you, so I'm just calling it you root for Griz.

Me:
Did you know that the Griz and the Buckeyes don't play each other?  The Ducks and the Buckeyes usually don't either.  So you can root for both teams.  You can like more than one team.  I love Dad, and he loves Buckeyes, so when they are on, I root with him.

Him:
Well, I love Dad too.  But I also love Green.  And the Ducks are the only person I know who are sports that are Green.  So I root Ducks.

Me:
There are some other teams that are green.  The Seahawks have green.  They are like green and blue.

Him:
Well Green and Yellow are my two favorite colors.  So that's why I have to root ducks.


My dad made me wear this shirt, and the tone he said it in, was my favorite part of this conversation!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute! He is growing up so fast. All of them are. I bet Lawrence was happy that night. :) I didn't watch. Don't remember why. Thanks for sharing!! ~Lynnette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete