Wednesday, July 29, 2009

BOY, oh BOY

We found out today that Herman baby #3 will be a BOY! We are thrilled, and shocked! We both thought for sure we only made girls! :) I was actually nervous about telling Lily because of how much she wanted another sister, but she came around and laughed that we had a picture of the baby's "pee-pee". Actually laughed very very very hard at that.

The baby was practically squatting on the ultrasound as soon as she gelled me up! And we saw it. And it looks A LOT different than a girl when they show you these three little dots and tell you that this is the "girl" part. With a boy, you can tell.

I was feeling quite nervous about the health of the baby, and everything measuring properly. It all looked good. 3 vessel's in the cord, 4 chambers in the heart, proper sized brain and fluid, 10 toes, etc, etc. I feel so relieved.

He was an active little guy too. He would not sit still for the tech. Now...it COULD have been that vanilla latte I had this morning, or it COULD have been that I already have a busy body boy on my hands.

Either way, we are still in shock and so happy.
Wow! A son! Back to the drawing board for names...

4 comments:

  1. Jenny, yea!!!! So happy for you, little boys are so wonderful :) We are having our first girl in October, I thought for sure we would have another boy. So happy to hear you and baby are doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Jenny! Girl, Girl, BOY, is how we roll and it's been great. He'll sure be "mothered". Good luck with names...not that you are asking but here are a couple we never used: Nathan, Brennan, Jeremy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A BOY??? What's that? Wow... Can't wait to hear what you come up with for a name- I've got all sorts of girl name ideas, but I don't have a clue for a boy! All those clothes, girly toys... haha! Have fun with this transition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'm glad everything is looking good! I hope to see you at reunion - don't know if you're coming or not.

    ReplyDelete