Saturday, February 4, 2012

I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.

Today was an absolutely amazing day in every way.  We went to Mount Hood and rented cross country skis with a group from Meadowsprings.  It was fabulous.  The girls both worked so hard, I was so proud of them and Bryson did pretty well on my back most of the day.  Lawrence, Addie, Bryson, & I only went about 3.5 miles (the slow group), but Lily begged to go with the "fast" group after lunch, and we let her, they did another 4.5 mile loop while we did about additional 2 miles.  4.5 hard miles.  Addie was confident and determined too, when you look at her short little strides, she has to do triple the work as the rest of us and she really blew us away.  She didn't complain once and just kept going.  Oh, they were such fun to watch.  And I got plenty of alone time talking and singing with Bryson on my back.  He told me "I am getting a really fun piggy back ride".  Lawrence stuck with Addie who was the slowest in our group, slow and steady.  

Every time I looked at Lawrence today he had a huge smile on his face and it just filled me up in more ways than I can describe.  

There will be some more great pictures from this day, but I wanted to post a little something about this wonderful day today.  For all the days I whine and complain about the challenges of this life, I wanted to write while I am fresh in the emotion of having a heart that wants to burst with GLADNESS.

I felt so ALIVE, full of energy, present, and engaged with my family.  We all meshed together in a way that is rare and made hard and stressful circumstances...enjoyable and fun.  

I will go to sleep a very happy girl in a house full of two more happy girls and also two happy boys.  

WOW.  It was just one of those days that made me say, This is what life is all about.  I haven't had a WOW day in a while, and it's easy to feel the difference because it is THAT much better than the regular days.  


Psalm 121

 1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
   where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the LORD,
   the Maker of heaven and earth.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this! I've only went cross country skiing once, but I loved it!!! I'm hoping to get a chance again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete