Sunday, January 17, 2010

Whatta you crying about?

Bryson has a bad cold that started on Thursday night. Poor kid cannot catch a break. He can't nurse very well and I've been pumping and bottling since Friday. It's a lot of work and we are all so tired. I can't believe my inability to do more than one thing. Or to do even one thing. My mind is hazy as though I'm drunk, not making me very effective at anything. My mother in law left early this am and it might be the saddest I've ever been about ocmpany leaving our house. I did get 2 naps today, both of which I was holding Bryson. I'm not complaining, sleep is sleep! I'm making do. Just not finishing any thoughtful blogs I've started.

Thank you thank you thank you thank you to my friend Nancy Kules who made the new blog header as a gift to me. Isn't it lovely? It makes me happy because when I look at it in all it's creative beauty, it's MY family. Those people are mine. And they are amazing. Thank you Nancy. I love and appreciate it.

Funny story.

I sent Lawrence upstairs with Bryson to change his diaper for the umteenth time this weekend.

While I was rushing around doing little things here and there while I had my hands free for a few minutes. I overheard him say to screaming bloody murder Bryson (who had a blow out and had to get naked) in a whiney voice:

"Why are YOU screaming at ME? I'm the one cleaning up Poo!!"

In all my exhaustion I must have laughed for 15 minutes at that...keeping the humor!

2 comments:

  1. I love the new look to the blog. Hang in there Friend! Hope Bryson gets through the cold very soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness, I actually laughed out loud at that...guys and poop are hilarious. When Lorelei was a newborn, Shane got up in the night to change her once and within seconds I could hear him dry heaving. After about the fifth heave I walked in to see him holding her on the change table with one finger, poop everywhere and there was my poor husband with toilet paper shoved up each nostril, gagging everytime he wiped her. LOL....Hope Bryson is feeling better soon and that you all get some sleep. Hugs

    ReplyDelete