Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Is it Friday yet?

We had an awesome, exhausting weekend in Joseph, and I have no energy to choose photos and blog about it.

After Addie hasn't slept for 3 nights, and last night being really bad, she woke up crying even when I was holding her. I decided to make a pediatrician appt today, suspecting and ear infection. It finally occurred to me last night after the 100th wake up to give her some Tylenol, and she slept for the rest of the night.

She does have an ear infection in her right ear with a slight tear in her ear drum. Yuck. She cried so hard while the dr was checking it, and I felt terrible. All was made better by some Nemo fruit snacks and cuddle with bear-bear tho.

I was supposed to take her in for a weight check this month anyway but had opted not to since she'd been healthy for a few weeks. heh. I didn't want her going to get weighed and coming home with a nasty stomach virus. To ease my worries, she had diarreah right before we left for the dr. Hope it was from too much Easter candy because it was a one time only type deal. So far. Sorry Rosy, I know that is your least favorite word!

She is 21 lbs now at almost 21.5 months. Still 3 percentile. Still not dropping off. Her dr did want to discuss the allergy appt and options of going to a nutricianist etc so she was glad I came in (though not glad that Addie wasn't feeling well).

I'm beat. Oh, so beat. Sometimes you are amazed as a mother how deep you can dig when kids are sick to find energy that surely was not there. To find kindness and patience, and not the fake kind. To get up and soothe one more time in the middle of the night or to play one more round of babies in the middle of the day (realizing that the making up something, anything will make your child happy). To hold and cuddle when you just want to be held and cuddled, or better yet, left to sleep the week away. Small sickness reminds me to be glad to have children who can and will recover and to not take for granted a healthy family, thought at the moment it feels like it is a million years away. I surprise myself sometimes, and even in a good way.

Coffee, vitamins, sunshine...all in my future tomorrow, and I think we might just be on the mend.

Blog about the wonderful, relaxing, action packed, weekend to come, I promise, and some other goodies...but wait...is it Friday yet?

1 comment: