Friday, February 13, 2009

It is so sweet

I'm sitting at the laptop working this morning, listening to the Curious George soundtrack (Jack Johnson), and am listening to Lily and Addie talk to each other in the other room. The girls both slept through the night (fingers crossed that everyone is now finally well!). Laureen just texted me to tell me Cassie is out of surgery, cranky but doing good (she is 3.5 for those of you who had asked, and thank you for warm thoughts!). I made eggs for breakfast. The girls are being so cute. They are friends. I feel almost giddy about it. It's not Lily wrestling Addie, and dragging her along, they are actually pretend playing a picnic together. They are so so sweet. Addie is totally adding to the play to, rather than just doing what Lily wants. Addie copies whatever "song" Lily is singing and making up, and they are so loud. Seriously, how many times can I say, "It is so sweet", but it is.

I'm enjoying feeling so relaxed, happy, and giddy. What a wonderful morning.

Lily asked me this morning if there are girl dogs or are they all boys? Then she wanted to know if there are more boys or girls in the world. Statistically there are 51% boys, so I said, yes, a few more. She wanted to know how many, like 1, 4, 6, or 11. Which is it? Um. 11 of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment