Friday, January 23, 2009

She's shrinking!

Today was Addie's 18 month check up.

Weight: 20 lbs 4 oz - less than 5%
Height: 31 inches don't have the paper here but percent is 25% (used to be 50%) TBA
Head: 44cms - 5% (used to be 10%) **wait a minute 44 inches is more than 3 feet, hmm, well 44 of whatever the measure, I'll update this when I do the Height**

The nurse said that the head measurement didn't seem right and did it twice, shocked by the smallness. Addie glared at her and did her famous brow furrowing that shows she means business.

She's healthy, she's happy, I'm not worried, the doctor isn't worried. Developmentally she is ahead of the game with motor skills, talking, comprehension. They had a new little survey to fill out, and she was doing almost everything on it a few months ago. Except try to give her reflection in the mirror stuff when she sees it. But I'm going to count that as being ahead of the game...right? The fact that she isn't handing over her stuff to a reflection seems advanced to me!

Her milk allergy is still going strong, but the pediatrician sees no reason to see an allergist until she is 2. She did say that it might not be a bad idea to have an epi pen on hand, just in case. As I shudder at the though of slamming one into Addie's thigh. No thank you. Since she's never had a reaction stronger than vomit and rash, I didn't get it for now. Instead I opted for a flier with calcium rich and fat rich foods that I could try that have no peanuts or dairy. Most of it is already in her diet, but there is a soy butter that is similar to peanut butter that might be good to add fat since she seems to be getting tired of avocados. Could it be that I've served them every day since she was 6 months old to fatten her up? I'm going to blame it on them being out of season.

She's a little guy though. So cute.

She got applesauce in her hair today during lunch, and even though I wiped it down with a wash cloth it was sticking up everywhere. It was so cute. It looked like a lot of curly hair, and I had a glimpse of what she will look like some day when she's less bald.

We opted for no shots today, and that was nice. Addie thanked me and picked a ball out of the "germ" (ahem) goodie basket of toys. She let go of it long enough for me to wash it when we got home, and pretty much held it for the rest of the day. Oh, except for during her awesome THREE HOUR NAP!

It was nice, got the applesauce nice and matted in and she woke up looking like she'd stuck her finger in a light socket on one side. Sorry I didn't get a picture.

1 comment:

  1. Marcus has a milk allergy too. I won't feed him soy so I'm going to be nursing him a while longer. And since I'm nursing him, no dairy for me either.

    Oh, yeah--one other way to add fat? Coconut. Coconut milk, coconut oil, they're good stuff. Stu is on his way back from New Seasons right now with some coconut milk yogurt. I'm hoping to survive this, as I love dairy almost as much as I love my family...

    ReplyDelete