Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Making History

So I wanted to write a heartfelt blog about how inspired I felt on inauguration day. How even if our new president can't do all the things he promises, I still feel hopeful because he is motivating and inspiring nearly all the people I know. How the country is on the right track in unification if popular vote can elect a black man president. How most of the people in my generation do not remember a president who made them feel patriotic, who made them feel anything, really. How cute it is to hear my girls say "Obama". How neat it is that they will never know a day when a black president was the "someday", and how the second runner up was a woman in the same year. I was moved, I was happy, I was hopeful. I am all of those things. Do I think one man can change the world? No. But a good leader is the first start and I truly believe that Obama will go down in history as one of our great leaders. Could I be wrong? Yes, but a little bit of hope goes a long way. I don't have time for the essay I wanted to write, so I'm posting this as is...




I do have a picture of Lily too - I'll upload that later. Addie made an EWE face at George Dubya so I had to laugh at that picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment