Thursday, February 14, 2013

4999 days


Two things happened this week that made me think of the beginning.  

The beginning of us.  

I saw this great idea for a Valentine's day card.  As I calculated the days of our love I was surprised.  Nearly 5000 days! Wow!

It got me to thinking about the early days of our love.  The day we met.  The romance and quick pace of getting to know each other, long distance.  The TWO cards a day I got for the first FIVE months.  The moving in together to soon, the figuring that out.  

It's just neat to remember all this stuff. 

Then a friend posted a little game on FB where they pick an age and you say where you were then and where you are now.  She picked 24.  I thought all about being 24.  I lived in NJ and drove a little honda civic.  Who had your heart? was one of the questions.  OMGosh did Lawrence ever have my 24 year old heart.  Sometimes I wish I could trade our more mature and responsible love for that can't get enough of you love that we had at 24.  It's fun to think of that love, because it's this love, and it's important to remember that. 

To look at each other with fresh eyes and remember why and how we fall in love.  To live out THIS love story, because it's ours and it's good, even if it does get buried under to do lists and karate classes.  

We've been through a lot in the last 4,999 days.  I'm difficult sometimes and he's difficult sometimes, we've been through a lot. Each year adds new prospective and new adventures and new things to love.  

I'm reading the book Love Does by Bob Goff.  It's great.  I'm so blessed to have love moving me each day, that I am surrounded by it and always have been.  To think back at all the little ways he's taken care of me over the past 4,999 days, the very first things that swept me off my feet and the things now that I might sometimes take for granted.  Lawrence is thoughtful and amazing.  I am a very, very lucky girl.  

Happy Valentine's Day, wishing you all a day filled with love.



No comments:

Post a Comment