Friday, May 28, 2010

blank in the city too

Lily: Mommy did you have fun last night?
Me: Yes!
Lily: What movie did you see?
Me: (pause) um, "In the City Too"
Lily: Oh, what is it about?
Me: It is about 4 really good friends who go on vacation together and get married and have babies
Lily: Oh, in the city too, hmm, that sounds pretty cool, maybe one day I can watch it.
Me: Maybe when your a mommy.

:)

Anyway, Sex and the City 2 was just what I needed in my entirely overbooked week, it was an over the top, unrealistic, politically incorrect, reunion of 4 of my favorite characters. I remember seeing someone describe the first move as a warm bath and a glass of wine with old friends. Exactly. Who cares about the lousy reviews, or what the critics say. This was a great movie if you are a raging fan like me. I will say, the ladies are AGING and that's weird. Not really. But if they are getting older so am I. Gasp. But the 2 cosmos before hand, the great company of friends, and the "sparkle" of the movie had me smiling most of the way through.

Favorite Line: We made a deal ages ago...men, babies, it doesn't matter, we're soul mates.

The 8:15 showing put me home at about midnight and kids started waking at 4am this morning. So needless to say, I'm a little tired.

But it's Friday...
I can't wait to spend Memorial Day weekend with my kids and my husband and Sabine and my mom and my brother and aunts, uncles, and cousins. Oh, and that starts TODAY.

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment