Thursday, March 4, 2010

Grateful Romping

I had a REALLY great post in mind for our 3rd Romp to Stomp event and first one with our kids. Unfortunately time marches on and life is too full right now to write the eloquent blog that I imagine while nursing Bryson or playing restaurant with the girls or driving Lily to preschool. Lawrence's brother, mom, and two nieces arrived from NJ today, so I'll have PLENTY more to post and I needed to get this one off my drafts pile...to make room for new fun

We had an amazing time last Saturday at Romp to Stomp to raise money for Breast Cancer. The weather was beautiful and the mountain was majestic. Once again I was thankful for my healthy breasts and reflected on those I know who have battled breast cancer.

Lawrence was DETERMINED to bring all the kids with us, even though I wasn't as sure about it. He zipped and strapped and dressed and pottied and pulled and carried and SMILED the entire day. What a good man I married, and what an even better father. It was one of those days that I was just SO grateful for all I had, all I could see, and everyone I was with. And I watched Lawrence thinking, man I married the right man.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great time. Love the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pictures are soo great! So crisp! What a lovely family you have, Jenny! Just adorable!

    btw, thanks for that info about the book. I ordered it!

    Best, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding me?!! What don't you do? Seriously, snow shoeing with an infant! Wow! You just have to go skiing this weekend now! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. You're an amazing Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are amazing!!! You are always so good about getting out and doing stuff and it looked like a great day together.

    ReplyDelete