Sunday, January 24, 2010

All Smiles

Bryson smiled at me tonight. His first smile. I've been waiting desperately for it. And today it came. It was charming and crooked, and oh so cute! He was nursing around 6:30 this evening while everyone else was sitting at the table finishing dinner and he and I were on the couch. He was wide awake and he stopped nursing, looked up at me, gave me a big smile and said "thanks", then he got back to eating. Well, that's what it felt like he said. "Thanks, and I love you, mama".

Ahhhhh, I needed that. I wish I had a picture of the smile. Soon enough I know.

Jeanine came this weekend from Boise to meet him, and I needed that too. Bryson has been so much better since his chiropractor appt on Wednesday, and with his RSV is almost gone, it's like I have a whole new baby. We've had a few fussy days and nights, but normal baby fussy, not inconsolible crying. He definitley has a temper - he goes from zero to all out screaming in 3 seconds flat...no rev up time, but he can be soothed and in general, he is just comfortable in his skin, something he didn't seem to be before.

So, I'm smiling a lot more too.


1 comment:

  1. Those sweet baby smiles make all the rough patches worth every second. I'm so glad he's feeling better and you too. You sound calmer, more peaceful in this post and it makes me smile too...Hugs

    ReplyDelete