Friday, January 30, 2009

It's done

We let my employee go today. By we, I mean, Murco, my boss. We decided on Wednesday that things were not getting any better, and it was time to rip off the band aid. Since we needed paper work from NY, today was the day it was scheduled. I work from home on Friday's, so suggested that I could come in to the office if needed, or we could do it on Monday. Murco said he was fine doing it and there was no need for me to be there. I felt a little guilty but decided that I have been under enough pressure lately that I'll let him take this one for the team. It might have been a growing experience for me, but more than likely it would have just made things harder for everyone. I hate that it worked out this way. I wish she would have just stepped up and done a better job. I did all that I could to get her to do that. Oh well, such is life. I have two fantastic candidates for the position, and I hope we can make an offer to one of them next week. It hurts me to think of anyone out of a job right now. It makes me happy to give one of those people a good job, and trust that they will value it and not take it for granted. Reminder to us all, no taking jobs for granted!

1 comment:

  1. Hell yeah bitch. I hope your anxiety can be on hold for a while :)

    ReplyDelete